The myths of standardized testing
Are the following statements true or false?
- Students’ knowledge and skills can be assessed by a sample of content that makes up a 45-question test.
- High test scores of students at any particular school prove that there is high student achievement and quality teaching at the institution.
- Punishments or rewards to teachers or students based on test scores motivate them to do better.
- A standardized test score is a better reflection of student learning any any other form of assessment.
- If the stakes to a test are high enough, viagra buy people will work harder and improve their performance to meet the challenge.
These are common myths of high-stakes standardized tests, clinic which have become the focus of modern school reform and used to evaluate schools, students and, increasingly, teachers. Research…
Author: Valerie Strauss, The Washington Post
Read more HERE>